Hey there! Here is a list of some resources we have found useful while making games!
Development: Tools we use to make games!
The Game Crafter: a website you can use for high quality prototypes or limited runs of a game! Good quality and price, sometimes a fair wait for shipping though.
Conventions: Places you might see us!
– PAX East (Boston, MA): very big video game convention with a sizable tabletop presence.
– Boston FIG (Boston, MA): video and board game convention at MIT.
– Syndicon (Durham, NH): tabletop games convention at UNH.
– Token’s Taproom (Dover, NH): barcade that hosts “tabletop Tuesday’s” and MTG on fridays.
Background Inspiration: Things we find helpful!
Background TV can be helpful for some people! Here are some shows we’ve found help spark that creative engine…
– Face Off (SyFy): really great creature design, and fun themes in each challenge. Encourages you to think about a quick finished product!
– Strip Search (Web Series): the search for the next great webcomic artist. Easily the most wholesome and uplifting game show we’ve ever watched.
– Shark Tank (NBC): rapid fire concept pitches. Good business terminology and food for thought.
– Extra Credits (Web Series): really insightful game design theory, mostly targeting video game design, but relevant to board games as well. Lots of fun, educational moments.
– Next In Fashion (Netflix): Fun, inspiring fashion design show. Great inspiration for character design, along with fun, quick, visual challenges.
Social Media Resources:
We are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WitchwayGames/
We are on Instagram: @witchway_games
We participate in #CraftWednesday on Twitter: @WitchwayGames